- Support for the highest speeds available in CoaXPress 2.0
- Connect and capture from up to four cameras or combine connections for even higher data rates
- PoCXP support simplifies cabling between cameras and vision computer
- Offload host computer of custom image processing using FPGA device
- Auxiliary I/Os per CXP connection to synchronize with sensors, encoders, and controllers
- License fingerprint for MIL software avoids the need for a separate hardware key
About this series
Matrox Rapixo CXP is a new generation of frame grabbers, supporting version 2.0 of the CoaXPress (CXP) digital interface standard for machine vision applications. The Rapixo CXP series supports data rates of either up to 6.25 Gbps (CXP-6) or up to 12.5 Gbps (CXP-12). A PCIe® 3.1 x8 host interfaces comfortably matches the maximum input bandwidth from the CXP links. The CXP links are accessed through high-density BNC connectors allowing for a homogenous interconnection with new cameras. Power-over-CoaXPress (PoCXP) support on each connection simplifies system configurations, combining the camera’s power interface with its command- and data-interface onto the same coaxial cable.
The Matrox Rapixo CXP features four connections for interfacing to independent cameras as well as for handling higher data rates through connection aggregation. The Rapixo CXP series possess sufficient onboard memory to buffer incoming image data in situations where the host computer is temporarily unable to accept data. The fanless design for select models ensures extended use without maintenance.
The Matrox Rapixo CXP makes use of a field-programmable gate array (FPGA) device from the Xilinx Kintex® UltraScale™ family for not only integrating the controlling, formatting, and streaming logic of the various interfaces, but also allowing developers to incorporate Matrox Imaging- or user-developed custom image pre-processing operations to offload from the host computer.
|Interface||Interconnect||Acquisition rate||Memory||Bit depth|
|CoaXpress||PCIe 2.1 / 3.1 x8||1.25 / 2.5 / 3.125 / 5 / 6.25 / 10 / 12.5 / Gbps (CXP 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10 and 12 respectively)||4 or 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM||8- / 10- / 12-bit support|